The Institute for Structural Analysis and Aseismic Research (ISAAR) delivers interdisciplinary teaching and research in structural engineering, computational mechanics, and probabilistic engineering mechanics. Its vision is the development of innovative computational and structural solutions to enable future cities with niche capabilities that will allow them to operate within an ever-changing and adverse natural environment.
Our interdisciplinary research agenda spans across both fundamental and applied research and aligns with the following research priority areas
- The development of novel numerical simulation methods for the static, dynamic and seismic behavior of structures;
- development of software for the analysis and design of structures;
- limit state analysis of materials and structures;
- multiscale analysis of composite materials and structures;
- structural optimization and stochastic structural analysis.
Updated contact info